Re: Recording an Album

My choice for Outerborough (which is just about to drop)  was to buy two mics and a phenomenal preamp and do it myself.

My bedroom isn't great, but not awful, I did have to deal with some car noise occasionally, but the freedom to create is something I wouldn't give up.  the other thing is, let's say you need to make a record and you drop 6k on equipment, two months later you can sell it if you need to and get everything back but the cost of your time!

No, I'm not selling my gear, even though i should in this economy.  I'll be with this gear til I die it's so good.

On the other hand, as you mention, the pressure of money spent for studio time can help you distill quite quickly.

all the best,

todd