Re: Re: Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

Thanks, Dennis, I agree with you 100%
and I really do respect both yours and Per's vastly larger experience
in this field than mine.

I also really misspoke and should have used the word 'personal' rather
than 'anecdotal'.
Of course, I agree that both of your experiences (and perhaps Stephens'
too, but I don't
know his computer history well) are not 'anecdotal'.    Forgive me for
the error.

I also think that a person's choice of gear has largely to do with what
they want from
it.     As an example,  Per makes the good point that because Macs are
designed in house
entirely that one will probably experience less down time if things go
wrong.
This is a very valid point and obviously an important selling point for
him.

For me, however, the fact that the PC world is a lot cheaper
(financially, I mean , in this instance)
I'd rather have the downtime and the ability to repair it less expensively.

Both points are really valid in spite of the relative selling points of
the two operating systems.

Rick