Re: recording an album

> i think it was matt davignon (please confirm if i'm
> wrong here MATT, my old brain works not great lately!) who emailed me to
> tell me he records all his stuff w/ the zoom h2 (endless hrs of stuff)
>then
> transfers to computer and edits down to the good stuff to
> release things. man i thought that was a great process, let the
>creativity
> roll, pull good stuff later....

Yup, that's exactly what I've been doing. It works great if you're
only using sources that are REAL-TIME and DIRECT.

Now I'm trying to re-enter the world of computer multitracking (using
a laptop and Adobe Audition). It's terribly humbling. It took me more
than a year of cursing to figure out how to get it so that your 2nd
track doesn't include the monitor mix of your first track. Still can't
figure it out for my other computer. The next challenge will be
getting a loud enough signal that I don't have to noise-reduce every
track.

In every recording session I have about an hour of productivity before
I get fed up and storm off. For being an electronic musician, I know
very little about technology. :(

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com