any ardunio users?

Anybody out there use the Ardunio board?

I want to convert midi program changes from a midi pedal into CC
messages to control an EDP. I know what output to send and will
be using a "case" statement so, in pseudocode

if patch number = 1, send CC21
if patch number = 2, send CC33

etc.

I have the sending part working, but I can't figure out how to
identify the midi data coming from the pedal in order to compare it.

I've intalled the midi.h library, but the documentation is waaay too
deep for me.

All the best,

Nick Robinson

music site :    http://www.looping.me.uk