Re: Re: windows on Mac

I read up on it when I did my firts attempt at bootcamp Windows XP. When you do the bootcamp install routine you are offered the possibility of  formating your partition as FAT32, this insures you can use that partition oth form Windows XP and Mac OS X. THis option is not available with Windows 7 or other Windows versiosn such as VIsta. You must stick to Windows XP. This metes you swap audio files without hassle. That's all I know about it. Per is the expert and has the experience, i just applied what he told me and read in the documentation for Bootcamp.

Antony Hequet

From: Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>
To: Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
Cc: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Thu, March 3, 2011 12:16:55 AM
Subject: Re: Re: windows on Mac

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
> A good idea, when using XP under Bootcamp on a Mac, is to format the
> Windows partition in a format that is readable from the Mac side. I
> think this format is called FAT, FAT32 or something like that. That
> way you may always record a live stereo file as you are playing and
> access it also when booted into the OS X.
It is my understanding that if you do this, Per, that you can only transfer 4 gigs of material
from side to side at any time which can greatly limit audio/visual storage
so, though it is a bit more conventient, I was advised to eschew its use and use NTSF instead.

Do you have more detailed and accurate information about this
and/or do you have some opinions about this statement.  I just took it on face value when
I clean installed my systems, but now that I have to clean install my 3rd system (2nd failed
harddrive....thanks, Apple) It would be great to get your advise.

rick walker