Re: Electro Harmonix Freeze - Sound Retainer

mark francombe wrote:

> @ Andy, back to Vortex.. have you managed to get good setting using that
> other patch.. is it 9 A?? Cant remember the name.. (12 oclock )

Curse you Francombe I should be working.

>From what I remember the problem is that we really
want a 2 stage operation, ramp the
feedback (and input vol) up, and after that ramp the input vol down.
...but there's only one morph, so as feedback goes up
the input volume has to go down.

...and it's all complicated by the fact that the Vortex
has 2 types of delay.
1) where the input vol is automatically reduced has fbk increases,
   which is mostly the parallel 1s delays
2) where th input vol isn't affected when fbk increases, usually
   the (series) 2s delays

One way to get a smoother freeze is to use different delay times
on parallel delays, and maybe different delays between the two sides of
the morph.

I think I may have ended up using the pedal for a smoother effect on the
morph.

andy