Re: OT: Fretless Guitar

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Kevin Cheli-Colando wrote:
> I just realized I have a guitar equipped with sustainer pickups that
> I'm not likely to be playing much at all as is and something made me
> think I should pull the frets off to give it another life.  Its a
> Korean Kramer Strat copy if that matters.  I've found the unfretted
> site and it looks straightforward but I thought I might ask for any
> tips any of you might have before I go ahead with this
>

> Go on E-bay and find the most inexpensive fret ripping tool.
I think I paid $9 for mine, including shipping.

Then go VERY, VERY SLOWLY ...........grab each fret and gently
rock it back and forth

This is because it's very easy to grab the fretboard wood if you rip
quickly.

This is what I"ve been told.........I don't know because I haven't had
the courage to
rip the frets off of my 'sound of god'  3/4 no name bass that I've put
shitloads of
customization into.

I'm gonna do it, though and I have the tool.....lol

rick walker