Re: Fretless Guitar

I've been thinking of having my custom archtop guitar made fretless.  We
have two of the finest fretless players here in Boise, Ned Evitt being one
of them, who tours all over the nation.  We use one luthier here, who is a
perfectionist at it and has mastered it long ago.  He puts glass on them.
They sound amazing.  The other guy just leaves the fretboard wood, because
for jazz it sounds more natural...so it is akin to the fretboard of a
cello
or something. I'll probably just go with the wood.
Kris