Re: How do I make a gated reverb?

Well, you're right. My suggestion isn't really for a classic "gate
verb" because the classic setup is to stick a mic up to something,
cable the mic through a reverb and cable that through a noise gate. By
setting the threshold of the noise gate you control the length of the
gate verb. My post was more about a dynamic verb gating setup. Why not
try the classic gate verb routing in the FireworX?

Funnily, I first got into using gate verbs by hearing some early
releases from Cabaret Voltaire. I worked like mad, cabling reverbs and
noise gates all over the place, but never got my stuff to sound right.
Many, many years later I heard that CV had not used reverb gating
technique at all on those tracks, they had simply used a sampler with
sampled drum hits ;-))  LOL

Per