Re: Lower octave

As far as hardware goes, I can only endorse the already endorsed EH octave
multiplexer, really good sound, with lots of options.  I'm also quite
partial to the M9 bass octaver (sorry, can't recall what it's modelled on).

Software - I really like the free VST plugin mda SubSynth which is low
latency and capable of several usable types of sound.

As a general rule, I like to mix a good portion of the original guitar
signal.

Getting OT: the Robin Schmidt pitch shifter is way fun for all sorts of
crazy sounds, (though not much use as a simple bass octaver imo), but it's
a BIG shame that only the bypass and wet envelopes are available for
automation in my DAW Reaper (does anyone know if I can change this?).
Most other VSTs seem to allow automation of every parameter.

Stephen
www.myspace.com/sylvianfisher