lower octave

i have used my digitech rp155, zoom g2 (both inexpensive multi-effects units)-
hmmm, they do ok, accurate i'm not sure, mainly use them to lower octave and then
add fuzz sound to mimic the fripp doing his looping thing back in 70s....
(the rp155-the 2 octaves up is fun munchkin land stuff!)

i also have my lexicon mx200-i think it's a better sounding device, accurate-
probably better then the above, but i'm not sure. i know that when i've used it
it really does sound SUB-frequency at times....which i would then wonder if
amps/guitar amps are properly "hearing" this & replicating (i use a keyboard amp-
sounds good w/ my fender 60)

also have korg kaoss pad 2-it does all kinds of pitch changing stuff-accurate-no idea, fun=YES!

i also used to have the original digitech ips33, it came out in late 80s ('88 i think).
got for cheap few yrs ago when i had my 4 space rack.
it only had like 33 programs available, but man they SOUNDED GOOD!
i mean if i wanted f---in' weird, it would deliver.
the word i read in reviews was that "it didn't track properly, bla bla"
(& everyone hated the sound w/ distortion--when will people learn...never...)
and i remember reeves gabrels said that was one thing he liked when he had it,
you could hear it really working to find the note to change to (worked crazy w/ slide i guess)
but there was something about that unit that sounded so good. the sub stuff was just
crazy good. again, accuracy, don't know....obviously it was a device that you couldn't
leave on all the time. ha!
miss it at times, but no longer have rack or space for it.....my lexicon mx200 is fine, does
many more things, although i leave it on the same reverb setting for most stuff. ha.

honestly-i would guess if you're wanted a sub octave sound to change things up-i would
guess most multi-effects units have some pitch change thing that could do octave down.
is it as good as a boss unit, no idea, but i'm guessing it would work in a pinch, most people
won't understand what you're doing anyway....(us L-D.com-ers will be sitting there wondering-
is he using the boss, or did he go danelectro, or is it some cheap digitech/zoom thing...i can't
see the pedal.......or is it eventide.....hmmmmmmmmm)
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen

I watched Theo Travis playing flute yesterday in Antwerp, and saw that he
used a Boss OC-2 octaver to occasionally add a lower octave to his flute. I
want something that reliably turns guitar notes (especially the lower
notes)
into a bass - a pedal and/or a plugin. Recommendations? (Andy, you will
probably recommend Chopitch - I need some help using it because more often
than not, the Chopitch sound gets cut off very quickly - not sure what to
do)

-Michael