Re: controlling amplitube 3 with fcb1010

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Louie Angulo
<louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The plugin is still not responding to the midi learn,how do you setup
> the host(Ableton) to submit my esxternal midi input?
> In ableton i have under preferences,midi sync-  my RME as the input

You shouldn't select the RME MIDI In port a "Input for Control
Surface" unless you own and really want to use a natively supported
control surface. Better leave all slots empty in that upper section.

> do i have to install the fcb1010 as a control surface?
No. That would no be possible anyway, as the FCB1010 is not supported
for native control.

> port-track-sync-remote all turned on,any ideas?

*TRACK* is what matters in this case. Make sure the RME is "On" in the
Track column (lower region of GUI). (related: *Remote* should be
active if you want to MIDI Learn directly in Live from the RME Port.
*Sync" should be active if you want to send or receive a sync signal.

Ok, so far Live pref's. No go to the Session View in your session and
create an extra MIDI Track. Set that MIDI Track's input to fetch MIDI
from the RME port and set that track's output to shuffle that MIDI to
the track where the Amplitube 3 plugin is inserted and also targeted
directly into the plugin.

Per