YOUR FANTASY BAND

Ted,

apart from that:
> A lot of people I really like as individual musicians often would make
> odd or even impossible pairings stylistically.

a lot of people might also not work from a workplace chemistry point
of view - I'd comment on that further on.

Ok, horns is easy:
Markus Stockhausen (tp), Mike Svoboda (tb).
Both classically trained and with a big experience just being
excellent sidemen (also coming from that classical background). But
still with a lot of creativity to boot.

rhythm section:
Dave Lombardo (dr), Evelyn Glennie (perc), Trilok Gurtu (dr), Michael
Manring (b).
Glennie: classical background - perhaps too much of a soloist focus?
Gurtu: most of his stuff as a sideman
Lombardo: was never the leading creative force in the groups he played
with, yet has a very diverse backgrond (Slayer, Patton, Zorn)
Manring: great both as a normal bass player (see e.g. Yo Miles) and as
a soloist - when he whips out the solo frenzy, Bach (see below) will
do bass pedals.

chordal instruments:
Johann Sebastian Bach (keys, also bass pedals, loops)
If not him, who should do melodic loops?
David Fiuczinsky (g)

vocals (if any):
Mike Patton, for stylistic diversity and great stage personality (a
true front man, if need be).

me: doing electronic stuff and somewhat leading/composing for the group.

If it needs to be limited to living persons,
replace J.S. Bach with...mhhhm, don't know. Someone who is cool on odd
synths and perhaps another odd thing - Kevin Kissinger?

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs