Re: Semi-OT: EHX Killswitch...

On 3/10/11 2:18 AM, "Jeff Duke" <jeffloops@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Bill's Korg Tuner hack"? How did I miss this? Could you post the
>details? I
> am making one or I at least have some parts laid out and a half way idea
>with
> the parts from Radio Shack.

Oh, that one's easy, no soldering required (so I don't have to burn down my
house).

There's one of the Korg tuners -- model DT-7, IIRC, but there may be others
-- which has an input for an external 'bypass' pedal.  If you attach an
external switch, you can use that to mute the signal while you tune your
guitar.  However, you can use it as a killswitch very easily.

I've had a Roland FSU-5 plugged into one, and it works well.  You can also
hear Bill (who came up with this in the first place) use this setup in a
couple of his videos.

    --m.