Re: In praise of the M-9 was DL4 expression pedal

Am 13.03.2011 01:21, schrieb Rick Walker:
> You do have to take your computer, though, and/or rack case and your
> footpedals.
> Which really small footprint midi pedal do you currently use?
Status Quo: still the Behringer (playing from or near home, mostly).
Next evolutionary step: no foot pedal - means no footprint.

Why?
I don't like it that to tell the computer to do something, I need to be
in a specific position onstage and move my feet in a specific way.
Saving equipment size is an added bonus.

How?
Wireless human interface device (e.g. trackball) controlling the
computer. This gets attached to the trombone (the way you hold a
trombone, you have about three fingers on your left hand which always
stay in the same position and don't do/hold anything, so they can
control the trackball). The trackball has three buttons and two CCs (to
stick with MIDI lingo). Which means that the setup on the computer works
in some kind of state machine I'll jump around in using the buttons.

             Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs