Re: Jomox T-Resonator was In praise of the M-9 was DL4 expressionpedal

andy butler schrieb:
> hi Rainer,
> thanks for that,
>
> so would the T-Resonator be useful in
> contexts other than a noise setup?
Depends on what you're looking for.
The T-Resonator is mainly a dual-mono lowpass filter with a delay effect
thrown in and lots of feedback options.
However, for normal filter use (say, just put a beefy filter on a submix
or instrument), I'd rather use other things, like a Filter Factory.
The thing it's best at is have the filters singing, modulated by an LFO
or envelope follower (for that, you don't even need that input signal to
be anything useful). The setup I use it in is channel1->external
distortion box->channel 2; with the cross-feedback becoming
feedback/forward options.

Ambient setup: yes
tonal music: most probably now, because other things do what I want from
a filter in tonal music better.

Two examples:
http://soundcloud.com/moinlabs/the-big-calm-live-at-moinsound-studio-sessions-excerpt
(mainly the cicade chirping)
http://soundcloud.com/tom-slatter/bigcalm
(here, my part is about 40min. into the track. The T-Resonator is sent
through various other things here, including an Eclipse, so not a good
way to judge the possibility to use it for normal stuff. But it's "tonal")

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs