Re: Behringer FCB1010

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Art Simon <simart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mobius isn't as easy as something like
> Ableton Live where you press the midi learn button, press the effect
> you want to control and wiggle the peddle. That is, unless you are
> using Mobius as a VST in Ableton live or some other host that has midi
> learn.

Huh? Mobius has always had "MIDI learn".  Oh, maybe it's slightly more
complicated than Ableton because you have to pick what you want to
control from a list of names rather than click on things in the UI.
In part this is because you can control a lot of things that aren't
always visible in the UI.  Once you've selected your "target" then
just wiggle the MIDI pedal and it will assign it.

Most FCB users program it to send notes from 0 to 99, set the pedals
to two random CC numbers, and never touch it again.   Then use MIDI
learn within Mobius to assign those to different things.

Going back to the original question...I wouldn't completely rule out
the SoftStep.  It is too small and twitchy for my taste, but the
software seems to be adequate now.  If size and weight are important
and you're willing to spend some time learning how to to use it
accurately, then it's worth considering.  I think they still have
a 30 day return policy.

Jeff