Re: Foot controller for a dream looper

Mark Hamburg wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2011, at 12:31 PM, andy butler wrote:
>
>> Simeon Harris wrote:
>>> I'm not sure this is possible with the lp1.
>> It's not, and I'm sure Mark knows that.
>
> I'm aware that there are a few things that just aren't possible

The only foot controller anywhere near to doing what you
want would be from the Gordius range.
It doesn't have the button layout you want.

It *may* be possible to emulate your track
grouping ideas with it.
I'll have to check if I can force it to do
a shortpress/longpress.....no midi controller
does that, but the Gordius might be programmable
to emulate it...I should check.
Even then, the shortpress/longpress in the EDP were
very carefully worked out by Matthias. The shortpress
function is *always* called, so you need to pick
one that isn't going to annoy you if you want
the longpress.

So what it the extent that your ideas are realisable?

1) Button layout. Hardware doesn't exist.
2) Loop groupings. Probably possible with a gordius unit.
   Would have to create a different bank for each grouping.
3) longpress/shortpress. Some of your suggestions are workable.
   ...but whether Gordius will support them I'll find out,
   ...........if you're interested.
4) Multi-function on Rec/Dub. Not practical.

5) Some functions are plainly not supported by looperlative.

6) absence of a Mute/Stop switch will drive you crazy eventually.

Best is to spend time with the LP1 and get to know
the feel of the functions that it *does* have ;-)

andy butler