Mobius latency compensation

Hi,

I've been trying to set up the above so overdubs go where they should
and stay there on subsequent passes.  A couple of attempts have ended
in frustration, i figured not helped by the fact that I'm using the
built-in soundcard on an old desktop machine.

But...

Reading the previous thread on mobius latency, according to Per it's
not possible to achieve perfect sync i.e. it will always drift a bit.
This would seem to be a bit of a dealbreaker for the kind of highly
rhythmic, danceable music I'm looking to use the mobius/live combo
for.

I'm at the point of shelling out for a layla 3g interface so it'd be
great to know if this is going to scupper my plans.

Akraf