Re: latency figures

Check the thread at the Live forum where people run a specific test
session on their computers and post the results. That's the best
"laptop review" I know. In the PC world you really need to get under
the hood and compare the same figuration of components inside the
computers.

Some of the things you plan to do is latency compensated in Live, but
that only works if you are not syncing Live. And you didn't tell us if
that's your plan or not?

I don't find latency to be a problem when running software at a 128
sample buffer (same experience from XP Cemtrinos and Macs). But then I
come from a guitarist background and have learned to adapt musically
to latency on stages where you get to play at a new relative position
to your amplifier every night ;-)  My old habit of standing like three
meters away from the amp sort of equals the laptop feel.

When it comes to plug-in latency, I'm not sure that works if Live is
synced. I never use plugins myself that induce latency, I kind of
skip over that issue the easy way. For live playing that is, in the
studio I use very slow plugins for fidelity reasons.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com