From: Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>
Subject: Re: OT: Microphone for Zoom R24 Digital Recorder
To: "Butch Band" <butchband@gmail.com>
Cc: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 6:44 PM

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Butch Band wrote:
> Any recommendations as to a reasonably-priced microphone (or microphones) to use for a home recording application involving the recording of a one-man band? THX!
Sony makes a really delightful small and inexpensive stereo microphone that, saliently, records
fairly flat across the timbral spectrum from 20 hz to 20,000 hz,  called the Sony ECM S907.

B+H has it here for a very reasonable $64 USD

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/150434-REG/Sony_ECMMS907_ECM_MS907_Stereo_Mic.html

If you use some of the freeware Convolution reverbs that are available these days and find yourself
some Impulse files of very, very expensive condenser microphones this makes this little
puppy a particularly effective and versatile little tool.

It is so small that I just velcro it to the top of my current Canon video camera.
It fits in one's pocket.

I think it's the best microphone deal in the universe considering how inexpensive it is.

rick walker