KP3 or Quad

Hey guys,

Ive been offloading some unused stomp boxes and raised a bit of cash... Im up for buying a kaos pad to slap on the whole ouput of my rig...

I can see that the new Quad has all the effects I need (decimate, delay, filters and some buzzy looping things) but its not got midi sync. Not too bothered as the audio syncing is said to be excellent...
The KP3 appears top have masses more effects however, but maybe manuy I wouldnt use.. and only one at a time.. the quad does er... 4.. surprose surprise... and theres no filler...

There is however ONE feature of the KP3 that intrigues me, and may result in me going for that. That is the ability to record your finger movement and loop that... Now my question is... IS THAT movement syncable to the beat.. does it loop in time, or is it just an unusable gimmick? I asked my drummer who has one and he said.. "er.. what?" So he didnt know this feature even existed...

Any KP3 user enlighten me on this?

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com