Re: new loop strategy

Hey Andy B et all,
  The way I built that track now that i analyze it,  actually didn't
use the first set  of long scripts for creating forms out of
individual tracks,  but it did use the group select scripts,  though I
built my tracks in the following flow.
I first created a master track on track 1 but with out any content, in
essence a blank loop that i recorded just prior to beginning the
improv. Then  after a bit of introductory melodic playing I started to
record using a quantize replace preset set to a factor of 16, until I
built up a percolating sus 2 chord sequence  as my I chord, and
proceeded to play thematically over that, as I armed track 2 by
pressing a play/stop preset ( arming sets the track to the same
length  as the master track), at which point I started to recorded
another sus 2 chord a perfect fourth above the original I chord on my
new track,  Using the same kind of quantize technique.  As soon as I
had enough of a percolating quantized IV chord going i stopped that
track again allowing the original I chord to play unaccompanied. I
moved on to track 3 created a V chord, and then  track 4 was my IV
chord track repeating the same procedure as above, and finally on
track 5 i recorded a rhythm part that would play no matter which of
the other tracks I chose,  because as I stated before, tracks 5-8 are
included on each of my 4 groups. Then I started playing with the form
using the group buttons to switch chord was my tonal center. In the
building of each track i obeyed the rules of not making the chord too
complex leaving more room for my melody playing to fill in the
extensions.  I tend to avoid stating the 3rd of a given chord when
developing these kinds of loops to give myself some leeway to
modulate  hence the G sus 2 tuning i was using. When I try to explain
a strategy like this i always feel like I'm leaving some detail out
that will leave people scratching their heads,  which is why I get
frustrated sometimes trying to explain this stuff:-)
   Thanks for the feedback and kind words
  Bill