Two new Kaoss things reviews and gripes...

mark-thanks for the new kaoss pad reviews.

i don't have the new ones, but had the original kp1 and loved it yrs ago.
and then about a bit over a yr ago i got a used kp2....which i do love.

when i've played w/ the looper (granted it's older now),but it gets some fun sounds going.
but the funny thing i seem to remember the original kp1, you could play loop and then play over it (or so i thought-memory could be bad)

but so far w/ the kp2, when the loop goes, any other output is muted. but have i read the manual-no. i'm lazy.
at least i thought my old kp1 allowd to play along w/ the loop, but my old brain could be mistaken.

but i will say that at times the sounds that the kp2 can make (or abuse) is most fun..
the funny thing is that my 7 yr old he will come up while i'm playing and mess w/ the sounds and he gets better stuff out of it
than me by just spinning the dial, manipulating thing.
he's most good w/ the drum machine stuff, if i kick on some distortion for my guitar at times i can do my "fake buckethead' stuff-which
is fun to do!

i will say the only down side,as mark mentioned is that the kp2 has a 100 presets-it's impossible to remember specific #s. i know it
saves your favorite in a few buttons on top, and the newer models has more "quick buttons i think" for saving...oh well, live w/ the limitations....

but it is a fun box to mess w/.
i will say that in listening back to my recording stuff over the last few days, whenever i kick on the kp2, the sounds it makes,
it's just jolting at time...quite a surprise & fun!!!!
happy looping....
s---