Re: OT: Upright Bass Pickup?

I tried to like the realist and it sounded great playing through an amp. I realized I enjoyed that sound because I was hearing the sound of acoustic bass in the room mixed with the amp...but for looping it was a different story. If I listened to the sound of the Realist through my headphones monitoring my loops it sounded awful. Just hearing the sound of the realist pickup without the acoustic sound of the instrument in the room was pretty bad. Since I only send the pickup through the looper (mic goes FOH) that's not the tone I wanted repeated over and over :) I guess every bass will be different too so maybe it wasn't the right fit for my instrument. I forgot to mention all my comments are bowed related. Sounded great to me monitoring with in-ears if I was just doing pizz

-Todd Matthews