RE: cool Repeater Trick vs LP-1 tricks>scramble redux

One of these days i'll comb the stuff I was able to save on DVD from
my last computer  death and post it.
  Thanks for posting that Andy and you are right, pitch shift and
tempo cannot be separated on an LP-1 like they can on a Repeater, i'm
not sure where I got that notion...a dream perhaps?  A small price to
pay for all the extra things you can do on the Looperlative. I can
honestly say as cool as that trick was i don't miss it or lugging
around a midi guitar module and its craptastic sounds, an extra cable
dangling from my guitar, and a midi router to make it all go. I'm
enjoying the relative simplicity of my current rig for sure. No lack
of options and yet not so many that i spend all my time twiddling knobs.
  A favorite  technique i have started to use again on the LP-1 is the
fast scramble function. This feature chops your loop in to an even
number of smaller bits and randomizes them, the length of the loop
determines how fast the scramble tempo is. shorter loops create faster
scrambles, longer loops create slower scrambles.   I use this while
leaving myself in overdub mode with my expression pedal varying the
feedback from about 90 to 40% so that what ever content I am over
dubbing is continually fading away as new content is added.. the
higher the percentage the longer the fade etc...  Using it in this
way  creates a shimmering kind of random bed of notes that depending
on my playing technique, attack,  tone, key etc. can sound either
lush,  beautiful and ambient but percolating, or jagged and jerky and
random and way abstract. .  I've lately been experimenting with
creating 3 or 4 tracks of these scramble loops with different tonal
centers and moving between them to create progressions. I'll post
something on Youtube soon.
Bill