Re: Quick vid of random shuffle with Mobius - Double Bass Loopage

Great that you have a working looping system going. I used Win XP
before Mainstage came around and I found it better with Bidule +
Mobius than OSX. Vista was  bad but Win 7 is good for audio I keep
hearing from people. I also think Ableton Live allows you do do a lot
of live processing of your live input signal that isn't possible in
Mainstage. I personally stick with Mainstage because I can make it
sound better than Live (used Live for many years in the past). I just
incorporated StutterEdit into my setup now, inserted after Mobius,
processing the looper output plus delay/reverb/harmonizer effects of
my live instrument input. StutterEdit is the first step sequencer
driven plugin I have seen that actually doesn't cause Mainstage
problems.

With Windows lappies becoming stronger and ridiculously inexpensive
I'm tempted to set up a backup looping system with Bidule and Mobius.
The more gigs I'm getting these days the more annoyed I'm feeling not
having a backup system handy. When I was a touring guitarist I always
had two guitars on stage, anything else was regarded stupid and
ignorant to the venue and the artist project you were hired by. I use
a non system dependent iLook for important plugin licenses and my non
iLook licensees cover both Mac and Windows versions. I wish I could
keep all my licensees on the iLook because then I could just pick up
any laptop to loop within minutes.

Per