Re: A looping fork in the road. Which way do I go?

8 gigs.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 17, 2011, at 9:15 AM, Daniel Thomas <danielthomas4@mac.com> wrote:

 I had one person suggest recently that the problem might be power,

IMO, not very likely.  The laptop has a DC power supply.  This thing should spit out the right voltage / amperage even if the incoming current is wobbling.

A better bet is that you have memory management challenges.   Background processes are likely kicking in and consuming memory that you need to run stably.  This is why I suggested disabling internet connectivity for your performances.

How much ram on your Mac Book Pro?

Daniel

Hey Per... for the record, I do exactly that.  Sometimes glitches will occur during that time, sometimes not,  but it seems then to happen reliably in performance. I had one person suggest recently that the problem might be power, as one thing which is happening during performance is the addition to lights,  though you can be sure my power isn't on a dimmer!  lol.

Well, I don't think it's that.  Still working on it.

T.

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
> i've recently had four shows disturbed by audio glitches, and I can't seem
> to fix it whatsoever.

Try to "rehearse your show". I mean, just play for as long time as the
show is planned and make sure your rig doesn't mess up.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com