Re: Battery Power for loopers;Re: Corrections: Footprint of theLP-2 Mini Looper

>The Pedal Juice that Bill posted seemed like a good option, and it
>sounds expensive until one starts looking at the alternatives. I've
>read of folks attaching a suitable power connector to a breadbox with
>a bunch of AAs, but that would only work as a battery replacement; the
>Rang needs AC.

The Rang III will run on DC. Ideally it should be an isolated supply but
it should work if the negative side of the power supply is connected to
the audio ground (mainly through other pedals/equipment) and the positive
DC voltage is between 9 (+/- 0.25VDC) and 12 volts. This is not
particularly difficult stuff but I would recommed you proceed cautiously.

The Pedal Juice is pretty slick and could pay for itself over time when
you consider battery costs. Unfortunately I see no specifications for the
DC voltage (exact voltage and tolerance) so it could be a problem if the
output is actually 8.4 volts (7 Eneloop cells) vs a regulated 9VDC. I use4
the "AA" and "AAA" Eneloop cells in portable audio products (CD player,
cassette/radio, etc.) and they work pretty well but they are 1.2 volts per
cell vs 1.5 volts for normal alkaline batteries.