Re: Frisell as looper (was: livelooping article for guitar magazine...)

No, he didn't do much crazy loopage on his records but there was plenty of dissonance and weirdness.

He did that short loop thing you're describing at Bumbershoot one year (Seattle arts fest thingy). It was one of those blue Digitech 2 second samplers with two switches.

----- Original Message ----- From: "andy butler" <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: Frisell as looper (was: livelooping article for guitar magazine...)

Yep,
Frisell's one of the few high profile guys who uses loops creatively.
I took the time to do some listening (based on the recommendations here)
and found up an old cassette tape of a Power Tools concert
(BBC broadcast from 90's?).
At one point he's creating a whole solo out of retriggering a
short loop at different speeds.

Don't know if he does that sort of thing on his mainstream releases.
...anyone???

andy

Patrick Bishop wrote:
Smash and Scatteration is awesome! Bill did lots of looping on that. Vernon and Bill are a great team. I wish they would do something else together!

:-)PJ