Re: Boomerang III quick review

I see your point. It doesn't really fit the flow of the rang 3. I wonder
if it ever be possible work to have the stack button be stop for the
selected loop?Then have rec-overdub-play functionality. Not a programmer
but it probably would require too much changing off the code.
On Jun 11, 2011, at 7:43 PM, Mark Hamburg wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Todd Matthews wrote:
>
>> Yes, thanks for explaining it better than I could Mark. I did know that
>> you can press stack while recording but that involves the tap dancing
>> while your trying to lay down,let's say,  a rhythmically accurate loop.
>> I did have it set for seemless loop boundaries as well because I would
>> always hear this fade in/out otherwise, when playing a bowed string
>> instrument. It was unusable for me without that feature. I also wish
>> the boomerang could be set to loop like this:
>>> Rec/Dub --> Recording
>>>     Rec/Dub --> Overdubbing
>>>     Rec/Dub --> Playing
>
> I think the Boomerang III's multitrack phrase sampler orientation pushes
> it toward having the pedals cycle as Record -> Play -> Stop -> Play ->
> Stop -> ...
>
> It would probably be difficult to explain Record -> Overdub -> Play ->
> Stop -> Play -> Stop -> ... and inserting overdub into the cycle then
> leaves one without a good way to stop the loop.
>
> Mark

Todd Matthews
toddbass.com
twitter: gtodd876