Re: Something I just wanted to share with everyone

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Jeff Shirkey <jcshirke@frontier.com>
wrote:

> Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone could possibly have listened to or be
> inspired
> by these guys:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajhOjFwuddQ&feature=related

LOL! I liked U2's debut album in -80 but can't say I would like to
watch this live video again ;-) On record they sounded interesting but
I wouldn't say I liked them as much as for example Pat Metheney and
Jon Hassell, that were still album debutants then, but to me U2
appeared quite fresh in comparison with many other band around 1980
that were copying clichés from blues or Bob Dylan. In 1980 they were
just another new band and they played a little differently than many
others. In short time local bands started copying The Edge's guitar
sound (8ths synced delay, loud in the mix but darker than the guitars
direct sound. That was a new vision in guitar sound)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com