Re: Anyone using a sequencer?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, marcus kirby wrote:

I currently have an electribe sampler that I use to send midi clock to my moog mp, which spits out cv/midi to my looper and time-based pedals.

I think I need a sequencer though. I need the ability to send various midi notes to my echoplex, as well as send subdivision info to the moog; dotted 8th on delay, quarter note on trem, etc. It would be cool if I could use different drum sampler to trigger different rhythms for my pedals as well.

The mpc line looks ideal, and it can send quite a bit of midi info out. Since it can also function as a sampler, that would be rad, as would sequencing bass lines for my analog synth.

Any suggestions?

The Alesis SR-16 is a pretty sophisticated midi sequencer and costs a hell of a lot less than other fully dedicated solutions, especially if you just want to be sending sequenced commands to your EDP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALESIS-SR-16-Bit-Stereo-Drum-Machine-sr16-w-BOX-Manual-/120740590022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1cb331c6#ht_1402wt_1141

Crap outdated drum sounds (but interesting when run through typical modulation and distortion stomp boxes and also, you can find dedicated 16 bit one rack hardware samplers for next to nothing these days if you want
custom sounds to drive.

Alesis also made a companion unit to their earlier HR-16 drum machine called the MM-T8 which was a dedicated 8 track sequencer.
Archaic but no more archaic than the entire Midi language itself.

Here's one that only has $20 bids on it with 2 days left in auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alesis-MMT-8-MIDI-Sequencer-8-tracks-x-16-channels-128-/160605042562?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2564ce7782#ht_500wt_1156