Re: rocktron midimate

> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Alexandre Klinke
> I loop using either Sooperlooper or Mobius as a plugin in Ableton Live.
> My FCB was programmed to send midi notes, so they work as on/off switches.
> I noticed the rocktron doesn't send midi notes. Is there a way for me
> to program this pedal and get the same results using CC and PC
> messages?

Mobius can be controlled with either CC or PC events, I'm not sure
about SooperLooper but I think it can too.

The problem i had with the MidiMate is that you have fewer number of
buttons available.  It has been a long time since I looked at this but
I think you have at most 5 buttons in one "bank" and the number of
banks is less than the FCB.  I don't remember if it supported "momentary"
switches, where it sends one thing when you press the switch and
sends another thing when you release it.  If it doesn't then you would
be able to use any of the "sustain" or "long press" features of Mobius.
Since it was more expensive than the FCB it never interested me, but
it is smaller so if you don't need many buttons or pedals it might be an option
for you.

The manual should be available online.

Jeff