Re: Looperlative LP1 help

Maybe a solder connection at the midi ports inside the unit needs to be resecured.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On Jul 8, 2011 10:23 PM, Chris Beaty <ctb@visi.com> wrote:

Hi Chuck,
I've tried connecting my oxygen 8 keyboard-hitting all the keys and dials
and tried connectng my Fatar Keyboard-doing same
even connecting my line 6 pro delay
no midi response from the LP1
In the LP1 manual, there is mention of midi bypass
it says that midi bypass can be controlled from a panel button only (not sure what is meant by that)
I cannot find midi bypass in any of the LP1 menus on screen
it also states that all incoming midi will be sent to the out port, when bypassed
but again, it see no evidence of midi passing thru
I just tried my old GR gtr synth-no response from LP1
this LP1 has spent most of it's life on the shelf-it's hard for me to believe that suddenly the midi connections have gone south
as well, I sent this unit to Bob for repair (audio gurgle) about 3 years ago-it's seen relatively no use since then
I can't help but think there is some "item" that is not properly enabled on this unit

I'm looking into software loopers, but the latency is hard for me to enjoy
I've pulled sooper looper into Abelton live, but it's hard for me to get that going-no user manual

can't a fella just get some looping going? The only feature that I really, really need is the "multiply" feature
I'd just use my line 6 stuff, if it was available there
as well, I'd like to loop some acoustic stuff, so I'm attempting to use a mixer and some pre's
but I'm stopped without foot control of the LP1

ther's my sob story

BTW-So enjoyed the Emanuel link on FB-I used to work with that guy, here in MPLS

Cheers,
Chris
On Jul 8, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Charles Zwicky wrote:

> Are you able to control the LP-1 with another controller (or a MIDI sequencer sending PC or CC messages)?
>
> CZ
>
>> Hello all,
>> to begon with-thanks to everyone who has chimed in to help me out
>> So far, nothing is working, midi-wise with my LP1
>> Midi channels are set to 1
>> cables are good
>> FC-200 is sending program changes, if connected to other devices
>> FInally I've connected the FC-200 out to the midi in on the LP1
>> then tested connections out from the thu or out midi on the LP1 to other devices
>> no midi is passing thru
>> super frustrated, as I really wanted to use this on a project
>>
>> any other ideas out there?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>
>> I'm looking for help getting my Looperlative LP1 to receive midi info
>> the forums at looperlative are kinda quiet, and I'm in a ruch
>> any help?
>

> --

> http://www.zmix.net
>
> http://www.esession.com/ChuckZwicky