Re: EDP, DirectMIDI, quant, 8ths

The silence of the EDP elders on this subject seemed to be saying to me, "The answer is in your own hands already, grasshopper."

And so it was. After wrestling with it for days, the nugget below and the EDP+ manual eventually pried the scales from my eyes and I've been a SysEx programming fool all night. A mapping scheme for my FC-300 is finally emerging that allows me to PLAY the EDP for a change  (no more faceplate fingering!), and to control the LP-1 as well. Will likely change over time but it is so much better than the previous state of affairs around here. So SysEx is not so scary after all. Ugly as hell, but not scary :)

On the other hand, the silence of the EDP elders may have instead been saying, "Dude, quit messing around with 15-year old hardware and call us again when you get some looping software and join the rest of us in the bright and shining future." Who can tell.. ;)

Best from the land of n00b,

Phil :)