Recording posted. Filtering *post* loop. Oomingmak...

I just built a new Bidule session for Mobius and here's the improvised
test ride sound check:
http://soundcloud.com/pboy/sticktronix-diabolica

Just made two loops with the Stick Guitar but the cool thing happening
here is that Bidule offers enough CPU muscles to put dynamic filtering
plugins on the five loop channel outputs. With the i7 2-core MBP I
found the best sound is when sticking with only one core in Bidule. I
tried all combinations for multi-core distribution in Bidule but could
not get rid of sound artifacts. On one core the output sounds crystal
clear.

I'm quite happy withe Oomingmak audio-pitch-to-synth-wave plugin from
Expert Sleepers (much more useful to me than traditional guitar type
fuzz/dist/overdrive). ESPECIALLY when the loops you record through
Oomingmak can be played back through live tweaked FilterFreak and
PhaseMistress (SoundToys.com). The incremental rotary encoder pot
knobs of the Faderfox mini hand mixer works like a charm for tweaking
filters on loop channel outputs.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se