Re: OT A message of hope from Norway about their recent tragedy

I agree with Per here,

The murderers anti islamic stance is just a smoke screen for what his real aim was. That was unfortunately ... slaughter! Even calling him a terrorist is somewhat wrong IMHO. He is a mass-murderer, and giving him the luxury to hide behind a belief or doctrine, by calling him a terrorist is something that I struggle to explain to my friends. The word terrorism is bandied about so much these days its easy to forget that it has a definition.

Thanks for the wonderful message from your friend Rick, there is so much to add.

After the minutes silence on Monday which I wrote about in my blog
http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/?p=1395

...there was a vague facebook group started by a private individual, where they called for everyone to gather together with roses on Tuesday... despite it not being an official thing, it became huge. Everyone from the Prime-minister to the Mayor of Oslo to the Crown Prince (the next King) were there and I promise there was not a dry eye in Norway.
>From an technical point of view, they organised and set up a huge stage, PA, artistes to play a few songs.. in one day.. and I forget the number of people attending but well into the 100´s of 1000´s

Without meaning to, this mad-man has strengthened the Norwegian people in ways that he hope to weaken,

Oh and just to clear up a little error that Fox News was reporting. Norway DOES INDEED HAVE a maximum sentence of 21 years for murder. Indeed for any crime. In fact we laugh at the US Idea of a serial killer getting 250 years... But failed to be reported, is that 21 years is the time the Norwegian System believes it can reform a criminal. If they fail, the sentence can be increase by 5 years, and then another 5 years, and then another. So yes, a crime of passion (finding your wife in bed with the milkman) can be reduced to 5 year for good behavior... but I promise you, Anders Brevik Breier will never get out.

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com