RE: TC Electronic Flashback

With 7 seconds on all delays (except slapback), it might be a good replacement for your DOD DFX-94s pedals (which I personally have seen you do your magic with—I went out and bought one, but I didn’t sound like you 8))

From: Matt Davignon [mailto:mattdavignon@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:21 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: TC Electronic Flashback

Gino brought the Flashback to a show, but he found himself without a power source for it. So, my only impressions were based on just looking at it. I could've just made stuff up about it. :)

I went:

Gino Robair showed me a brand new echo pedal last night that does only
a 15 second loop, but it's allegedly capable of pitch bends (as if a
tape loop). Unfortunately he was without batteries or power source for
the pedal, so he wasn't able to show it to me, and I don't remember
what it was. It was about the same size as a regular stomp box.

then Andy Butler was like:

Pigtronix Echolution?

So now I'm all:
Just heard back from Gino. It's the TC Electronic Flashback. According
to TC Electronics page, it might be only 6 seconds of looping, which
would make it not much more impressive than the DOD DFX-94s I've used
for years. (I currently use two of those to help me get drones out of
a drum machine.)

Sorry - according to Gino, the echoes are pretty impressive, but the
looper leaves a lot to be desired.

So Gary's like:

According to the manual, the delays are 7 seconds, but the looper is 20
seconds stereo, 40 seconds mono.
That's pretty good--but I bet there's no feedback control on the looper . .
. and no pitch shift.

and Andy Butler was all:
yep, that's how it is.

A friend has this, the looper is very basic, just one
Rec/Dub button with a   click to erase. Nothing else,
but those work well with a nice action on the switch.
One 'extra' which might make the device attractive as an
auxiliary loop/delay in a bigger rig is that there's an
internal switch which turns off the dry signal.

I don't know about pitch bends on delays, my mate certainly doesn't do them. I can find out if anyone's desperate to know.

Nice delays (not when looping), but a really dumb feature where you "tap time" by going into bypass/mute then bang on the "guitar" to set the time.
( frustrating to watch, I assure you ;-)

Don't know if you can tap time long delays...I'd guess not.

andy

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com