Re: OT Re: RIP Steve Jobs... What if he had never been?

I've been an active Mac user since 1995, due to my profession of being in
the graphics industry.  Macs were the de facto standard after the industry
started moving away from analog procedures (stat cameras, film/development
chemistry, and 'burning' of printing plates) and from proprietary computer
systems.

Now, in my industry, software is king, and it's being developed for both
platforms.  The software looks and feels identical, minus a few keyboard
shortcuts.  So, the platform wars are moot from that perspective.

So, with that experience driving my perspective, I see Apple as the
Porsche,
and PC's as the 'kit cars'.

One cannot deny that Porsche has some of the best industrial design around.
Everything fits, everything looks fantastic, and the whole 'package' looks
and feels like it was created with an integrated purpose and aesthetic,
from
concept to completion.

In contrast, you can't deny the 'wow' factor of a 500+ horsepower 'kit
car',
with a supercharged V8, purple metal-flake paintjob (with flames, of
course), and custom machined aluminum steering wheel!

They both have their place, I guess, and will win the hearts of some while
alienating others.

Rich

On 10/9/11 9:46 AM, "Mark Hamburg" <mark@grubmah.com> wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2011, at 4:13 PM, Rick Walker wrote:
>
>> On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, todd reynolds wrote:
>>> I hope, when Bill Gates dies, and he most certainly will, that he'll be
>>> memorialized for all the money he's used to make the life a little
>>> better
>>> for those who struggle.  It is indeed in ways that Steve Jobs did not