Re: What do YOU do when creativity dries up?

Howdy,

When in doubt, plagiarize. I do it all the time. The thing is, it never comes out sounding like what I'm snitching, because I'm not good enough to coppy other's work note for note. Therefore, a new composition.
Rig

From: mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
To: loopers-delight <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: What do YOU do when creativity dries up?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Andi Mathoy <a.mathoy@aon.at> wrote:
STANDSTILL CAN BE SEEN AS AN IMPORTANT PART OF PROGRESSION.
this keeps me away from putting too much pressure on myself.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I can see this to be true,  in the way I treat my kids. I let them get bored!!!!

So many of my friends are constantly fussing and setting up "activities" for them to do, during the weekend, after school...
"Oh its so important that they participate and are constantly engaged, thats how they learn!"

BULLSHIT!!

My son mopes about for a few minutes and comes to me and says "I'm bored!" I say,
"Go and make up something to do.."

2 hours later, he comes and shows me some fantastically creative thing he's, built, painted, drawn, made.

As a result, my friends are always complaining that their kids are so demanding and take up so much time, what with all their "activities", I say Oh yeah, and casually glance over at Nikolas who has drawn the 35th level for his computer game that hes going to build one day, complete with crocodiles, spaceships and pirates, or sometimes I have to say "Nikolas can you turn down that music you are making with my kaos pad, Im on the phone!" OR more often than not.. "Nikolas... NIKOLAS!! Where are you?" The reply comes... "HELP DAD, Ive BEEN Captured by dangerous man-eating towels in the bathroom... Come and save me!! But mind the lava in the hallway!!!"

Boredom...

A great creativity sparker!

Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com