Re: 11 minute looping piece @ 11:11 on 11/11/11

Very cool idea!  Agreeing on a standard tempo (111 bpm was suggested earlier) sounds good.

It might make sense to fool around slightly with the duration and/or tempo to get  a total beat count that's nicely divisible into common bar lengths.  Here's one possibility:

Add 11 extra beats so the total beat count is 11 min * 111 bpm  + 11 beats = 1232 beats.  This is nicely divisible by 4, 8, and 16.

Losing a bit of symbolism, another possibility is to add 15 extra beats to get 1236 total beats.  This is divisible by 3, 4, 9, and 12 allowing for some interesting polyrhythmic possibilities.

There are probably some even more flexible duration/tempo combos possible.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
Mike