Re: What do YOU do when creativity dries up?

I'll share an idea i gave on this list when this question came up MANY
years ago--maybe 10?  Anyway, take a very small amount of money ($10 US, i
used to try to do it with $5 US), and go to the toy store.

You can pick up strange noise makers, or even cheap little toys that are
in bins at the counter that aren't even supposed to be have sound
component.  Walk away with a few items and start tinkering with them:
shake them in can; with they work with your musical instrument?

I once bought a little battery operated thing that vibrated when pressed
down on something and had an interesting bumpy texture to the plastic.  I
started maneuvering it over the surface of a big old pasta pot in front of
a microphone, looping it, trying different EQ settings, exploring various
treatments of it.  It really got the creativity flowing, as unexpected
rhythms and timbres would appear.

Idea fodder galore!

Peter

Peter Koniuto