Re: livelooping. Ambient.

Actually it's also a made up term by a group of people who
have specific ideas about what it means:
Music in which the sounds are the result of an interaction
between a musician and an instrument, while the form is the
result of the interaction of a musician with a looping device."

Yes, I would say that all inherently fits within the "act that any musician who owns a 'looping device' does. "

"Originally "Ambient" referred to music designed to blend with the environmental  sounds that would also be present.
...so being minimal helped to achieve that.
Nowadays it doesn't seem to mean that any more."

Yes. Hence my note about ambient music incorporating a degree of 'space' not present in other music. If the space wasnt there, the environment would have no room to be present. I dislike misappropriated terms and ideas, but misappropriation (often the result of oversimplification) is the perpetual danger in sending words out of ourselves.

My point to the second thread was that finding a more suitable term can pre-empt misappropriation to some degree. Surely, In an ideal word. Of course, accommodation of a term isnt guaranteed. (as in, you cant force people to understand, and use proper terminology.)

Cheers,
Billy