live-looping....

My 2 cents....

I couldn't care less if a person is using pre-programmed "tracks" as part  of their live performance -- even if 90% of the sonic material is a backing track, as long as the remaining 10% is compelling.

Live performance is about being in the moment, but there is more than one way to be in the moment sonically, than playing "sounds" live.

I'd rather hear someone interesting with backing tracks than someone uninteresting playing everything live.

On a list like this, it's natural to discuss our various processes to create music.  We can each learn and gain perspecting on what we are doing, and how we might infuse our process with some new twists.  But as a listener, the process is less important to me than the result - the music.

Yeah baby!