RE: livelooping. organic

Hi all well, there are regular realtime loops on www.youtube.com/phillwilson however i will have a bash through recording a vocalisation and using it as the basis for a whole song.......I'll do it in the next few days and get back to you.

> one quick question........which of these devices does real time
> sample/playback/manipulation?
> I'm assuming the Korg ER and Emu Command Station don't.

Im not sure on what level you mean... the ER is a VA drum machine so you can vary pitch , waveform,filter, modulation, eq, etc
the EMU, whilst being a ROMpler, is some one of the most infinatly variable tools in my aresnel. the raw waveforms on each chip are fixed (unless you have the EMU sampler..in which case you can physically swap the rom in)
....anyway, once you choose a wave form you can alter the Attack, Decay Sustain (multiple part ) Release .....you can also vary where the sample starts and ends, add LFOs route those to any of i think about 32 modulation destinations patch anything to anything........
basically if you took out all the other stuff and just has a raw Sine / Saw / Square wave...it would be a virtual modular synth............but with all the pianos, strings, tuned percussion etc...its hard to even imagine what you couldnt approximate.

for instance, I wanted a Celeste sound, it is one of my favourite sounds and there is no sample native on the EMU roms I own, however I made a very convincing one using another metalophone sample , applying new eq, tweaking release and key tracking to filter out some trable on the lower keys

etc...now I have to all intents, a celeste.