Re: Roland GR55 - First Impressions review

no, i know it's a lot of cash...a secondhand ultra is twice the price
of a new gr-55...but for what you get, it's actually incredibly good
value for money - over 70 amps and basically an eventide eclipse

if you think your mate's one sounds bad, then that's down to him not
knowing how to dial it in properly, or he just has some bad sounding
amplification - i could post tons of links to some incredible sounding
stuff...here's just one tiny example....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=keS2pHFEI0o#!

if you like ac30's, i can tell you the top boost is heavenly

you get what you pay for...yes i know it's an obvious thing to
say...but there you go. i had to sell almost everything i owned to buy
the ultra (inlcuding a triaxis, an eclipse, a g-force, a lexicon...the
list goes on) but i haven't regretted it for one single day

sim