Roland Synths (GR20, 33, and 55)

I am late to this party.  In fact, I deleted most the GR55 emails not knowing what it was.  Well, I just checked the synths out....I am in love!  I use a M13 for effects, but have found that the synths are glitch with harmonica.  Single notes are usually ok, but if I play ANY extra sounds/chords, it is glitchy.

Anyways, I would love some of the sounds I've heard on YouTube (assuming they work with chords and harmonica).  Assuming it would work with harmonica and my vocalizations, it seems worth checking out.  Any thoughts on the GR-20?  I am most intrigued by the bass, organ, piano...I am confused by the pick-up part.  I am also interested in any other general info that might be helpful.

I've been wanting something like this to use with harp forever.  I've gotten a good organ effect, but the ability to use the harmonica to sound like another instrument would open up huge doors for me.

Thanks!
Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
http://www.mikefugazzi.com