Re: airFX level mismatch.

On Dec 1, 2011, at 5:07 AM, mark francombe wrote:

When you say "where signal goes to line level" does that mean "Where signal ENDS UP at " line level.

Er Is this wrong?

The signal going in to the AirFx needs to be -10. If the EDP has a switch to change output to -10 then that works. Otherwise you need something to change the level to line level, like a DI or line level shifter.
If you send +4 to the mixer, then hopefully the mixer has a way to change and route the signal so you can insert the AirFX in a -10 fx loop.

As far as I know, RCA plugs and jacks are usually line level, so if you have any RCA jacks on your mixer use those.

I think the AirFx and similar boxes are considered DJ, as most tabletop fx boxes are line level - such as the Kaoss Pad. There may be other cheap DJ options for managing the signal chain, something that changes the impedance from guitar level to headphone level if you need possibilities.

But I am no expert on this stuff.

BobC