Re: Logic Pro 199,- download / Mainstage 2.2

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Todd Matthews <gtmatthews@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I've always run into crazy glitches with Bidule. It has never worked for
> me. I do realize it could be user error but I've spent many many hours
> trying and don't care to spend anymore:)

Well, my experience is that Bidule worked better for me when running
Windows XP compared to when running OS X. The multi core support is
still flaky. But it is wonderful to have an open audio/MIDI/data
patching canvas in Bidule, so I'm hoping it will mature soon (or I
might look to Max or Max4Live for building stuff).

At the moment I'm building a diamond shaped octaphonic mixer
environment in Logic and it's coming out quite well. Can control and
record space placement movements of sound in the 8 channel speaker
field from the small joysticks on my little Faderfox MIDI mixer. Very
useful. There are quite advanced MIDI- META- and fader data math algo
tools in Logic, so you can route something somewhere and transform it
on the way to whatever data needed to do whatever you want to do. Just
like Bidule, but with a super prefab mixing audio engine at hand :-)
Can't wait to plug in this new monster!

Per